Notes on articles and books.
- Items from prominent authors are arranged by author.
- Don't mark on the original paper article. Keep all the notes in digital format.
- How about an article on Rule 80?
- What to research? Solution space reduction. Gawd, more statistics.
- Turing Test, review that article on MMS.com.
- Laing reviews von Neumann's theory on self-reproducing automata.
- John Holland and genetic algorithms.
- Moravec - evolution 'jumping ship' and moving from biological to cultural and technological.
- Cairns-Smith - the environment evolves to. in the bibliography.
- Taylor et al. programs as a population evolving.
- Hogeweg - How can programs working in a population remember ideas?
- Alan M. Turing
- Christopher G. Langton
- Origin of Species - Charles Darwin 1859-72
- Field Guide to Genetic Programming by by Riccardo Poli, William B. Langdon, and Nicholas Freitag McPhee. 2008
Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- May 2010 - Principles of Robust Timing over the Internet
- May 2010 - Technical Perspective Learning to act in Uncertain Environments
- May 2010 - Technical Perspective Automated Patching Techniques: The Fix is In
- May 2010 - Automatic Program Repair with Evolutionary Computation
- November 2010 - Sir, Please Step Away from the ASR-33!
- March 2011 - Data Structures in the Multi-Core Age
- September 2011 - The Most Expensive One-Byte Mistake
- October 2011 - Abstraction in Hardware System Design
- October 2011 - Biology as Reactivity
- November 2011 - Nanonetworks: A New Frontier in Communications
- February 2012 - Text-Mining the Voice of the People
- March 2012 - Turing's Titanic Machine
- August 2012 - OpenFlow: A Radical New Idea in Networking
- August 2012 - Proving Programs Continuous
- August 2012 - Continuity and Robustness of Programs
- November 2013 - Why Not Immortality?
- January 2014 - Unikernels: The Rise of the Virtual Library OS
- August 2014 - Efficient Maximum Flow Algorithms
- October 2014 - Gradual Evolution in Dynamic languages
- October 2014 - Abstractions for Software-Defined Networks
- May 2015 - Cascade Failure
- May 2015 - There Is No Now
- July 2015 - Unifying Logic and Probability
- August 2016 - Adaptive Computation: The Multidisciplinary Legacy of John H. Holland
- August 2016 - Toward Reliable Programming for Unreliable Hardware
- November 2016 - Time to Reinspect the Foundations (for Turning Computation)?
- November 2016 - Sex as an Algorithm
- July 2017 - Artificial Intelligence Poised to Ride a New Wave
- September 2017 - Moving Beyond the Turing Test with the Allen AI Science Challenge
- November 2017 - Hootsuite: In Pursuit of Reactive Systems
- February 2018 - Elements of the Theory of Dynamic Networks
- March 2018 - A Programmable Programming Language
- March 2018 - How Can We Trust a Robot
- May 2018 - The March into the Black Hole of Complexity
Oxford Journals, Oxford University Press
- Computing Machinery and Intelligence Turing Test 1950 by Alan M. Turing, Mind, Vol. 59, No. 246, p. 433-460, Oct. 1950
Santa Fe Institute
Volume 6 Artificial Life
Santa Fe Institute Proceedings, Vol. 6, 1988, Addison Wesley
- Artificial Life
- "A New Definition of Artificial Life" By Christopher Langton
- “Artificial Life. An Overview” Langton, 1989, MIT Press (1736) 1997-03-03
- Artificial Life
Notes I have to make
Parent Article: Main Page